Can you help?
Friends of the Modesto Library frequently needs volunteers. Sometimes we need two people to work two hours at a Read to a Dog event in the library. Or a few people to work a couple hours at a book sale or other fundraiser. All are easy ways to help the Friends with no long-term commitment of your time.
But maybe you have more than a couple of hours to give.
- Are you a photographer? We need you to take pictures at Friends and library events to help us document our contributions.
- Are you a good presenter? We need volunteers willing to speak to local groups about our organization. And maybe to give library tours.
- Are you skilled at raising money? We need someone to seek and apply for grants and other opportunities to fund library and Friends projects.
- Are you organized? We need an events coordinator.
- Are you persuasive? We need volunteers to encourage local residents and businesses to support us by joining the Friends.
- Are you an avid supporter? We need members willing to sit on the Board of Directors. You can be a director-at-large and help out as needed or take on more of a leadership role.
If you’d like to help–a little or a lot–please go to our Contact Us page and submit the form. Be sure to tell us what interests you. We’ll be in touch.