Butterflies, bookmarks, Christmas ornaments, and personal projects
Have you always wanted to learn to knit or crochet? Register to join Yarning with Friends for our free class. New and returning students are welcome.
As usual, we’ll offer instruction and help to crocheters and knitters of all levels. Don’t need help? Join us for a couple hours to socialize with others while you work on your own project or one of ours. We can always use the help!
If you haven’t yet seen our summer display–a farmers market–be sure to stop by soon; it’s in the lobby. It will be replaced by our next project by October.
In this class, we’ll spend our time together working on more butterflies and Very Hungry Caterpillar bookmarks, or start on Christmas ornaments. We also have patterns for beanies for newborns which will be donated to local hospitals.
- We plan to use the butterflies pictured above in the bookshelf project. You can make some for our project or take yours home. Pattern available here.
- The bookmarks are a nod to Eric Carle’s popular book The Very Hungry Caterpillar. We’ll be giving them to children who participate in our bookshelf activity (coloring a caterpillar bookmark). We may even use them as a future fundraiser, so we’ll need lots! Again, you can make some for yourself or add them to our stash. Pattern available here.
- Christmas ornaments will be added to the trees we made two years ago to display in the library in December. They may also be used as a holiday fundraiser. Crocheted wreath pattern available here. Knitted wrapped candy pattern available here. Knitted gift card envelope pattern available here.
Details and registration form below under tab EVENT DETAILS.
This class will take place in the MakerSpace on the main floor of the Modesto Library.
- 5:30 pm – 7:45 pm
- No cost
- No commitment to continue attending classes (but we hope you’ll want to!)
- No commitment to work on any Yarning with Friends projects
You’ll need a few supplies. If possible, bring knitting needles (medium size, straight or circular), a crochet hook (medium size), scissors, ruler or tape measure and a small amount of worsted weight yarn. No supplies? No worries. We’ll loan you anything you need.
The class is free, but we ask that you register, using the form below.
Butterflies, bookmarks, Christmas ornaments, and personal projects Have you always wanted to learn to knit or crochet? Register to join Yarning with Friends for our free class. New and returning students are welcome. As usual, we’ll offer instruction and help to crocheters and knitters of all levels. Don’t need help? Join us for a […]Modesto Library MakerSpace firstname.lastname@example.org